Oh! What a mind-blowing topic it is, isn’t it ? As human beings, we are always fascinated about the changes in technology.
So, today, we’ll get onto the definition, scope and learning of the 21st century trend, Artificial Intelligence!
AI is the replica of human intelligence that is processed by computer systems or machines. It is compatible to perform multiple tasks without being directly instructed, especially when it comes to repetitive and detail-oriented tasks.
AI basically just focuses on three rational skills: learning, reasoning and problem solving. Learning aspect in AI happens by trial and error method. The reasoning aspect is to draw a conclusion as per the situation. Lastly, problem solving focuses on choosing the right algorithm to get the accurate result.
Pros & Cons:
- Time reduced for heavy tasks
- Consistent output
- Quickly evolving
- Deep technical expertise is required
- Restricted supply of literate workers
- Lacks the ability to show anything extra
- Can’t generalize from one task to another
Artificial Intelligence generally falls into two main categories:
- Narrow AI – designed and instructed to operate and complete specific tasks; industrial robots and assistants use this like Siri and Alexa; also known as “Weak AI”
- Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) – also known as “Strong AI”; this is usually seen in movies that operate machines with general intelligence
The Future Of AI:
AI has emerged as the biggest thing in technology. Companies across the world are coming up with creative ideas in artificial intelligence and machine learning. Hence, AI is not just influencing the future industries and humans but is the bridge between the mainstream big data, robotics and IoT.
Getting certified in AI takes us to the peak in the industry. The growing era has brought advancements in AI being used from healthcare to virtual assistants, to chat-bots, face IDs, digital media, self-driven cars, banking and a lot more.
Why Learn AI ?
AI plays a crucial role in modern software and therefore to stand a step ahead of others, the era makes it vital for one to learn AI. Below mentioned are some reasons as to why learning AI is necessary.
- AI jobs are high in demand
- It is versatile
- Has potential impact on the society
- Gives a better user experience
- Opens a world of opportunities
- Lot of data involved
- Improves disaster management
Types Of AI:
- Reactive Machines – memoryless; task specific; eg. Deep Blue
- Limited Memory – with a little memory; use past experience for future decisions
- Theory Of Mind – psychology applied to AI implies that the system can understand and feel and predict behaviour
- Self-Awareness – AI is conscious on the things around it and inside it; however such machines don’t exist