A very general phenomenon these days is digitization. From which marketing, advertising, socialising, etc. have evolved.
Digital Platforms, hence, are the aggregate of a place where trading of goods, services or information occurs. Digital transformation involves implementation of new technology and finance.
Digital platforms need to be kept in track and a consideration of how they operate in the social context as these might lead to disturbing outcomes during the development.
Characteristics Of Digital Platforms;
- Contribute to reduction in cost – eg. TripAdvisor, Expedia, Ola, etc. assemble the travel information from multiple sources
- Help organise and coordinate the development of products – eg. Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS offer independents software developers a technical and regulatory structure to encourage more participation
- Generativity and cross-side network effects
They have pushed businesses to an entirely another level and therefore compelled them to change their strategies. Digital platforms exist in various forms depending upon the category they employ.
- Social Media Platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Knowledge Platforms – Quora, Yahoo! Answers, Pinterest, etc.
- Media Sharing Platforms – YouTube, JioSaavn, Voot, Hotstar, Netflix, etc.
- Service Oriented Platforms – Uber, Swiggy, MakeMyTrip, etc.
Components Of A Digital Platform:
- Ease of Use and Immediate Appeal
- Trustworthiness and Security
- Improvement of Monetary Exchanges
Creating a digital platform helps the organisation to grow a step ahead from the competitors and ensure it provides valuable services in bulk not just to brands but also to the platform’s community.
Scope Of Digital Platforms:
- Digital Marketing Executive
- SEO Executive
- Social Media Specialist
- Google Ads Specialist
- Email Marketing Specialist
- Web Analyst
- Online Reputation Executive
- Content Marketing Executive
- Digital Marketing Strategist
- Social Media Strategist
- Digital Marketing Head
- Digital Branding Head
- Having Your Own Agency
- Becoming A YouTuber
Hence, embracing the company’s digital transformation to reach a particular status in the world without the fear of failure is mandatory. Powerful digital platforms provide easy usage and protection from fake users; maintaining the balance.
Despite the increased publications, there still remains obscurity in digital platforms.