Getting hacked by black hat hackers is becoming a big issue, so to protect yourself from being their victim you need to follow these steps:-
- Never connect to public wi-fi, or you may be a victim to an MITM(man in the middle attack) and anyone can spy on what you are doing in your device.
- Always download an application from play store, downloading APK might result in the installation of trojan in your phone and a trojan on your mobile is like all your data is in the hands of the hacker.
- Never use the same password for all your accounts, if the password of one of your accounts gets hacked then the hacker will have access to all of them.
- Make a strong password i.e, use a combination of symbols, numbers, capital letters. For example- hello123 is a bad password but HeLl0@%4132%@ this is a strong password.
- Never enter your credit card information on an unsecured website, as it might be just a Ponzi scheme to steal your money. In simple words buy online stuff from known companies like Amazon, Flipkart, etc.
- Enable Two-Step verification on your accounts, so that no one can log in without the OTP that you will get on your mobile number.
- Always use anti-virus on your laptop and keep updating it.
- Always update the software of your phone whenever the update is available as it contains patches of known vulnerabilities.
- Never reply to Spam E-Mails or messages also never open any link provided in these Spam E-mails or messages.
- Don’t set your phone pin or ATM card pin as your birth date or something, always keep it random.
- Change your passwords at least once or twice every year.
- Never use real answers in security questions – make up memorable answers that will only make sense to you.
Make sure you follow these steps and you will be a lot more secure.
Also if you ever been hacked before? tell your story in the comment section.