Based on the high rise of cyber extortion as per the previous article, cybersecurity certifications have come into the trend.
There are several ways in computer or information security to showcase one’s qualifications. Over the years companies have learnt to employ and take charge of their approach to cybersecurity. Though, the quality and the acceptance of certifications vary from region to region.
List Of Certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- SANS GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Certified Information security Manager (CISM)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
Now, let’s get through all of these thoroughly.
- CISSP: This ranks among the most favoured credentials in the industry. Having a CISSP indicates you as an experienced person that has the ability to design and implement things. It is an advanced form of certification for professionals who seek advancement in their careers for various roles like Chief Information Security Officer, Security Administrator, IT Security Engineer, etc. There is a requirement to qualify the exam and hold experience in at least two out of eight domains.
- GSEC: This is an entry-level security qualification meant for those who have their base in information systems and networking. Achieving this certifies your skills. Taking the GSEC exam gives you job roles like IT Security Manager, Computer Forensic Analyst, etc.
- CEH: This is also known as white hat hacking or penetration testing. This includes, lawfully hacking organizations to uncover susceptibilities and detection. An EC-Council offers the CEH certification. It depicts your skill in penetration testing, attack detection and prevention. Jobs such as, Penetration Tester, Threat Intelligence Officer, Cloud Security Architect, Cybersecurity Engineer, etc. the CEH exam could be given if you possess two years of experience.
- OSCP:This is an alternate type of ethical hacking that shows your skill and expertise in problem-solving, analytical thinking and penetration testing methodologies. It is pursued by professionals who enjoy work associated with finding system defaults and performing controlled attacks. The exam requires certain experience in programming network skills. Candidates need to compulsorily take a PWK course, pay the exam fee and lastly, pass a 24-hour hands-on exam.
- CISM: These professionals create the best security practices for organizations and businesses. The employees are responsible for its management and development. This makes you a top-level candidate with the highest level of standards. The exam requires a minimum of five years of computer security work experience with three years in IS management.
- CompTIA Security+ : Owning this entry-level designation on your resume speaks about yourself that you own extraordinary skills. With this, you portray expertise in the field of cryptography, threat management and network access control. To get the Security+ designation you need to have two years of IT admin experience along with a security focus.
- CCSP: It is a global credential in Cloud Security. It is an intermediate to advanced level designation. Professionals who are leaders in cloud security architecture and design generally own this certification. For the exam, you need to have five years of experience with three years in IS and one year in one of the six CCSP domains.
The Scope Of Cyber Security Certifications In India:
While other IT jobs are very common and well-known, cybersecurity jobs have been taking their pace in India and have started gaining significance. With the world becoming virtual and internet connected, businesses and organisations have grown endangered by cyber attacks.
Hence, are hiring cybersecurity professionals and the day is not far for this name in the IT sector to become well-known!